Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Midterms are over, hooray!

I had to catch an early bus to school this morning. Luckily the bus stop is 5 minutes from my house and there's a Tim's across the street, so I could grab a muffin because I overslept and didn't have time for a proper breakfast. I got a chocolate chip one, but I could tell it was touching a banana muffin, which ruined a solid half of the muffin top.

Anyways, it's about 6:55 AM at this point and I stand around the bus stop, waiting for the [always] late GO Bus to arrive. The stop is on a fairly major street that runs through the whole city, and connects to two highways and most of the major roads around these parts, so traffic was pretty dense come 7. I'd been standing around eating for a solid 5 minutes before I notice a dead cat on the road, next to the curb. It looks fairly intact considering how dead it is.

Now every time a car goes by I cringe, because this well-preserved dead cat is about 3 inches away from becoming decidedly less well-preserved. I turned up my music because the only thing worse than watching cat brains paint 5 of an 18-wheeler's tires, I reasoned, would be the sound of cat skull cracking, or worse, of not-quite-dead cat screaming (though I was confident it was thoroughly deceased.)

The bus came eventually (late) and it too managed to miss the cat. I got on the bus and gave the driver my overpriced ticket, sat down, and didn't hear any cat-crushing as we pulled away from the curb.

It wasn't there when I got off the bus 8 hours later, nor was there any noticeable pool of blood/sinews/bone fragments, so I assumed all went well.

What I'm trying to get at is I'm done midterms now, so things should be picking up here again. And to keep things relevant to this post and this blog, I'll probably post some Birchville Cat Motel when I get home from work. Sound good?

1 comment:

Stefan said...

you should just chronicle and publish the things that go on in your life. new york times bestseller.